Tuesday, November 17, 2009

lawrence kolberg and the theory of moral development

The hood is hard place to survive as the fast life moves around you. i live by the rule of the streets aother day another dollar . does anyone really stop to see how willl you get that dolllar for the next day . i stop and think what is a fast come up in these streets i call home? Theres always the option of car theft, robbery , breaking an entering , selling drugs etc. shit thats a great idea ill sell drugs whats the charge for a little possestion of weed what do i do ?


  1. i cant do this if my moms finds out ill be grounded
  2. i have to do this shit for myself . uncle sam dont give a shit about me . M O.l
  3. i already told my homeboys that i have weed for sale . if i dont acculy get it they'll clown me
  4. what if these punk ass cops catch me . im not going back
  5. i have to show these dam bill collectors this dam system that theres people out here that have to huslte for there money. this cause drug dealers like me .
  6. i cant harm another human life with my drugs just to have money for the moment .



    Lawrence Kohlberg (October 25, 1927 – January 19, 1987) was an American psychologist born in Bronxville, New York, who served as a professor at the University of Chicago, as well as Harvard University. Having specialized in research on moral education and reasoning, he is best known for his theory of stages of moral development
  7. Stages 1. Obedience and Punishment (How can I avoid punishment?)2. Self-Interest (What's in it for me? You do for me, I’ll do for you. You do that to me, I’ll do that to you)3. Interpersonal Accord and Conformity (Conforming to the will of the group. Peer Pressure)4. Authority and social-order maintaining orientation (Law and order morality. You do something or don’t do something because the law/rule/religious text says so)5. Social Contract (Laws are regarded as social contracts rather than rigid dictums/rules)6. Universal Ethical Principles/The Golden Rule (Principled conscience/commitment to justice, equality and respect…think Jesus, Dr. King, Ghandi)

No comments:

Post a Comment